Saturday, October 25, 2008

My Attitude Stinks!

I am really missing my family and friends right now. This week has been hard since they boys have been sick and I am sick. Bill has even worked nights this week and it has been lonely in the evenings. I must say I don't know how single parents do it. I never really realized how much my husband does help out in the evenings until he was gone. This week I realized something that I don't like about myself. It is my attitude. Even though I don't have any family or friends around, that is no excuse for me to be so negative. I have noticed that I set the tone for the family. It is true what they say, "If momma ain't happy, nobody's happy!" Well, I don't like it and I must change it. I guess since the Lord has opened my eyes to this I must really try to work on it. Lord please help me to look for the good in every day and not the bad. Please help my attitude line up with Your Word and to only glorify You! I want to create a joyful and peaceful home in which You are the center! Amen!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you Ang, and I'll be praying for you, getting through the hard winter up there. And for you guys to make it home soon. We totally miss you guys so much. I hope you are feeling better too!!

Anonymous said...

You know, it's wierd but this post of yours is dated october so it's not showing up at the top of your blog! Isn't that strange??

Patsy Scott said...

I was just reading something on this line... If I could just remember who said it and when... but the key to attitude is coming to really REALLY believe that the Lord has put you where you are, and in the situation you are in...oh, yes, it was Watchman NEE. If we really believe that, that he is in control and has us where we are and experiencing what we are experiencing..this should shape our attitude to be a much more divine and positive one... and that is to be the best we can be in that situation. To be thankful for the situation even. And this was written by a man who was in a China prison for years. He says, when we finally die to ourselves then we can be used, then God can illuminate through us. But not until.... I may have paraphrased his words from the book "Release of the Spirit". If it were possible to turn the clock back I'd change my attitude during many periods of my life. I figure, looking back, that I wasted that time because I wasn't looking at it right, and wasn't looking to see what God wanted to do in me. So, Angie, praise the Lord you've had a revelation at a much younger age than I had one. I pray God will help you, now that he has revealed this, to be a godly woman in this way.