Saturday, January 17, 2009

We Have a Babysitter!

I must say I am blessed! I just went out with Bill and we didn't take our kids!! We found a babysitter! She is fifteen and goes to Dayspring, where we were going to church until we found a church closer to us in Okoboji. Anyway, she lives in Spirit Lake and is so sweet and down to earth, and just great! And she loves the Lord! She sort of reminds me of me when I was a teenager.

Anyway, after I picked her up and brought her back to the house, we walked in the door and I was surprised the boys literally attacked her! They both smiled at her and said "Hi" and Tyler walked over to her and buried his head in her legs. So sweet! I think she was a bit overwhelmed. I would have been too if two kids just attacked me! We showed her the house and gave her the instructions and Drew was literally saying, "Bye Mommy, Bye Daddy!", and pushing us out the door. It was hilarious! When we got back I thought for sure Drew would be up, but he wasn't. She said he went to bed at 8pm and she only had to tell him to lay down once and he was out! I told her she needed to come to my house every night and put them to bed!! I am so glad it went great! I asked her after tonight if she would like to babysit more and she said YES!!!! So we now have a babysitter. After being here 14 months and not being able to get out, this is just wonderful!!! Praise the Lord! Bill and I can now have date nights! YIPPEE!

7 comments:

Jess said...

That's great it worked out so well! Drew must really like her. What did you guys do? Movie? Dinner? Both? My word verification is stion.

Angie said...

Ha, Ha! Bill had his Christmas Dinner with his boss and other supervisors. It was nice to get out. My word verification is expest.

Anonymous said...

Great to hear about your new sitter. We recently found a college girl from ENCI we really like so I totally know how you feel.

Jenny said...

That is great Ang! I am so glad you found someone and also so glad the boys like her. Why are you guys putting your word verification? My word verification is quela
LOL

Katie said...

What awesome news, Angie! Regular date nights are such a huge blessing. Keeps me sane...

Not sure what we'd do w/out my parents here as our regulars. These next five weeks are kids will be experiencing "real life" with non-family members babysitting. Hope it goes as well as yours did.

FYI: ortwadj

Meghan Rogers said...

AWESOME! We sooooooooo need to find a babysitter. :(

Jess said...

Babysitters are for the weak...just kidding Angie. Wish we had a babysitter or even some family down here so we could go out. You are blessed Katie.

Word Verification: deldm