Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Winter Wonderland

It has finally come, our first storm of the winter season, first of many to come!! We got about 4 or 5 inches. I love watching it snow and how pretty it is when you wake up the next morning with all the nice fresh snow. Drew can't wait to go out and play in it. We will be heading out tomorrow once the winds die down and it warms up to the twenties. It should be fun to play in the snow and get them out in it. It will probably take me about an hour to get them ready and then we will only be out for a few minutes, but it will be worth it! Then we will come in and have some hot chocolate, my new love for this winter season! I bought some at the store the other day and I must say it has become my nap time delight! Once I put the boys down I go right to the kitchen and make some. I must say next time I will get the one with extra marshmallows, I really like the marshmallows. I even think I might add some whip cream to my new love. The extra calories probably aren't that good for me, but hey, it is winter, you are supposed to add 5 pounds so you stay warmer, besides you hide it with the big winter coats and sweatshirts! This is going to be a great winter!

3 comments:

Patsy Scott said...

Glad you are treating yourself to delights. You deserve it. Mother's need to pamper themselves now and then. So go get the added marshmellows...or better yet, add the real things yourself.

Jess said...

Have fun with the boys tomorrow! Maybe you can teach them how to make a snow angel and then a snow fort/cave. Dress warm and have fun!

Jenny said...

Ahhhh, your beloved hot chocolate with extra marshmallows sounds delightful! You deserve it Ang.