Thursday, December 4, 2008

We are Blessed!

I am thankful to the Lord that we are really Blessed! Yes, I may not have that new couch I have been wanting since we got married, I may not have all the new clothes I want or the new decorations, but I have a roof over my head, my children have clothes to wear and we are fed. I was watching the news yesterday morning and this mother didn't have much money, she was on welfare and she said the foodstamps would go only so far, so she watered down her son's formula to make it last longer. I guess in doing that the baby almost died. I guess babies aren't supposed to have any added water in their diet until about 10 months of age. She said she was just trying to stretch the formula out as much as she could since she couldn't afford to buy what they baby needed. She said her husband had been out of work for six months or so and they were tight on cash. That really hit home for me, I thought what am I doing to help those in need. NOTHING! I told Bill that I wanted to go the store and buy some formula and donate it to the food bank here. I know that many people are starting to feel the affect of this economy and I want to be able to bless those that are less fortunate and help those in need. This verse in Proverbs 22:9 sums it all up,

"The generous will themselves be blessed, for they share their food with the poor."

3 comments:

Meagan Maynard said...

oh Angie, what a great post and perspective! Hello! I needed that!

Patsy Scott said...

If this hard economic crunch gives us all a better perspective of reality like this.... and does away with our materialism... I say Praise God.

Jenny said...

Good post Ang. I needed to hear that too!
Love you!