Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mommy........

That is the word I have heard a lot lately. Taking care of two sick boys is not what I would say as fun, but to hear the words "Mommy, hold me.", is something I realize I take for granted. I have to admit sometimes I get frustrated and just want to get away from it all. Coming up on mother's day this weekend, I have realized how blessed I really am. Of course, at 1am when I was cleaning up a trail of throw-up all the way to the bathroom, I was not thinking this way. Thanks mom for holding my hair back when I was throwing up and taking care of me when I was sick! Being a mom is definitely not a glamorous job and we get overlooked a lot for all that we do, but I wouldn't trade it for anything! It is the best to be able to raise Drew and Tyler. They always have something cute to say that keeps a smile on my face! I love it!! Drew said to me last night when he was in bed with me. "Mommy my belly hurts." I said, "You probably have gas pains, just let it out." He said, "But mommy, I'm not supposed to fart in front of girls." It was so sweet how serious he was. :) I love him!! :)

Being a mother is such a blessing and for some it doesn't come as easily. I know that my sister, Tami, will be celebrating her first Mother's day this weekend and I could not be happier for her! All that she has been through, what a day to celebrate the three little miracles and one awesome mom that endured almost seven months on bed-rest. What a sacrifice to make! Love you Tami!

Happy Mother's Day!!

4 comments:

Jess said...

Poor guys. Hope they are all well soon!

Meghan Rogers said...

My boys are sick, too....not like what you are dealing with, but ear infections (AGAIN) and cold/sinus. Happy Mother's Day to us - lol! I wouldn't trade it for the world, either.

Jenny said...

Awwww! I hope they feel better soon!

Tami said...

Awww! Love you too Ang! It's been a rough road but we got thru it - and have our girls here with us! I'm so glad to have you as my sis. Your support and love throughout these past few years has been so needed and felt. Love and hugs!!!

P.S. You are an amazing mom! You are full of love for those boys! They are your joy, it radiates on your face!