Friday, March 20, 2009

The Turkey Outcome!

I am happy to announce the turkey tasted wonderful! The whole process was new to me since I had never cooked one before. It really was rather simple, well, after I called my mom and asked her why the heck the neck was still in the turkey!!!! YUCK! That wasn't in my recipe. When I pulled it out I freaked out!! It was totally disgusting! Then once I found where the gizzards, heart and all the innards were, thanks to Jenny, I was on to the easy part. I lathered it in extra virgin olive oil and then covered it with sage butter outside and inside of the skin. Then I made my stuffing and put it in the turkey and put it in the oven. I must say I am very excited about the finish!! We had homemade yeast rolls, mashed potatoes, homemade stuffing and corn. What a day!!! The boys didn't eat to much of it, they wanted to eat hotdogs instead. Here are a few pictures of my turkey!





3 comments:

Meagan Maynard said...

Awesome Job Angie!!!!!! I'm very very impressed!!! :)

Jenny said...

Good job Ang! I LOVE the pics of you with your turkey. It looked really good. Congrats... you will have to give me your recipe.

Love ya!

Patsy Scott said...

Well done! I really am getting a cook in a few days!!