Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Three Year Old!


Now, I am not wanting to complain here, but what is a mother to do about getting her strong willed boy to poop on the potty?! I have done everything from bribing him with a new Gordon (which is still sitting on the bookshelf) to a big monster cookie from the cookie store. We have sat for hours on the potty, but he has made up his mind not to do it. Now, he has done it a few times, but has no interest in it whatsoever right now. He would rather poop in his diaper or the tub, last night it happened again, and not in the potty. He actually blamed last nights incident on poor Tyler, but he finally confessed it was him. He said, "I pooped mommy, it was me, I pooped." Atleast he is an honest little fella! I need some help!! Any suggestions for a desperate mom?!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

first let me say that i LOVE the new background. It is so cool!

no advice for you from me on this front - you're the pioneer in the potty training of boys category for this family. Maybe Teri has some ideas.

but really, he's just so cute, can't he just have the gordon doll anyway? (just kidding)

Angie said...

Ha, Ha! No budging on Gordon!! It isn't a big enough incentive right now I almost need to find a bigger brige!

Meghan Rogers said...

I have no advice either you poor thing! I can say that my sister-in-law had THE most difficult time w/her son and in end I think it boiled down to just staying persistent and he will do it when he is ready. One day Caleb just wanted to do it on his own. She did use bribes, though!I can give you her email if you need some encouraging words. It will happen!!

Katie said...

Oh Angie...sounds awful! My only advice is to pray (you're probably all ready doing this). I have heard that sometimes it helps to pray with the kid each day that God would help them learn to go potty. Then when he finally does it, he can be encouraged that God answered your prayers! I'll pray for you too...we'll be fighting those battles soon, I'm sure.

Patsy Scott said...

Pray for wisdom...and God to show you some tools of psychology for this. I like Katie's suggestion to pray with Drew about it. surely a book is out there with some answers!