Monday, September 27, 2010

Bye-Bye Teddy (sniff, sniff)



Today is a sad, sad day in the Maynard house. Today as we drove home I had the boys' windows down and as we approached Americus, Teddy was dropped out the window. After many times of telling them not to put anything out the window, my eyes were not very quick today and I missed that Teddy had been thrown out the window. Drew told me shortly after it happened, but I have no idea where Teddy was exactly thrown out. I have to admit, I think I am much more upset about this than I thought I would ever be. I think for me it is a realization that my baby is not a baby anymore. Sniff...sniff.


(Tyler holding Teddy at Christmas 2008)

I remember when I first laid eyes on Teddy, August 10, 2007. Aunt Tami and Uncle Adam had him attached to a couple of balloons for Tyler the day he was born. Teddy wasn't an attachment for Tyler at first, but shortly after Tyler lost his pacifier in the Wal-Mart parking lot, I guess he started to cling to him. He brought Teddy everywhere and when he was missing before bed or naptime, it was known, he wouldn't go to sleep without him. Teddy sort of became a part of the family.

When he goes to bed every night Teddy would be tucked in under his blankets and Tyler would pat the top of his head as he slowly drifted to sleep. First thing when he would wake up, he had Teddy in his hands to greet me in the morning. Even though Teddy stunk (didn't matter how many times I washed that bear, he still stunk), he was Tyler's best friend.

Bill even tried to drive real slow along 25 on the way home to see if he could find Teddy, but he did not find him. Tyler won't even talk about it he is so upset. It might be a long night. Poor little guy! Teddy, we love you and you will be greatly missed!

5 comments:

Tami said...

Awe! This makes me want to cry!! Poor Tyler! Give hima hug and kiss from me. :(

Meghan Rogers said...

Oh this makes me want to cry, too! I'm sure teddy was to Tyler what Gavin's blankie is to him (only Teddy was much cuter I'm sure). :( RIP Teddy. I hope Ty can find a replacement someday that will comfort him.

Jess said...

God rest his soul...

Patsy Scott said...

A piece of brown cloth, some stuffing, couple buttons, some thread..... shall we call a wake for the deceased! Seriously though, (?) my condolences to the Maynards. Never do I want my grandchild's heart broken. Glad he is a trooper though and now there is one very happy ducky.

Jenny said...

AWWWWWWW! Angie, this made me actually want to cry. O my goodness! You wrote this very well. Poor Ty! Give him a hug for me! Love you