Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I'm Surviving!

It is day 4 and I am still alive! The week Bill leaves for training Tyler, of course, gets sick with a fever on Monday. I used all my sick time on Monday, and I had my wonderful mom and mom-n-law watch Tyler for me on Tuesday. When I took him to the Dr. on Monday, they had to swab him to check for strep. That was horrible trying to hold him down while he was saying "No, mommy, I'm scared!" It broke my heart to hear him say that. I didn't even think he knew that word yet. Luckily it is just a viral cold and he doesn't have strep or H1N1! YAY!

On a brighter note, we now have awesome water pressure! This lady that lives down the street had someone put a new gauge on the water tank. I guess they barely had any water pressure and with a quick fix like that, we should have done this years ago!! It is great to be able to fill up a bathtub in less than 5 minutes now!

Last week we took Tyler to Riley Hospital to get an x-ray on his hip and we are so excited that the Dr. said he is completely fine! PTL! That was a huge sigh of relief. We should of had the x-ray done at the beginning of this year, but then Bill got laid off and without insurance we decided to wait. I realized how blessed we are to have two healthy boys. It was so hard sitting in the waiting room and seeing all of these little children in wheelchairs. What some of these parents go through day after day after day for their children just breaks my heart. Oh, and what really made me upset for these families, you have to pay to park!!! I could not believe that at a children's hospital we had to pay to park. Realizing that some of these parents have to go there multiple times a month, it just stunned me! I thought Riley Hospital was to be one of the greatest hospitals and to ask the patients to pay to park is just horrible I think.

To end on a good note, I got my drapery rod that I ordered from Target this week! I can now hang up my drapes in the living room! YAY!! This is something I will not attempt on my own, I will wait for Bill. I am not Mrs. Fixit that's for sure!

4 comments:

Jess said...

Glad all is well with Tyler!

Anonymous said...

that is great about Tyler's hip!! I was wondering about that. Sorry Murphy's law struck when Bill left town. Just figures huh! I hope you all have a great weekend and enjoy the family being back together for a few days. ps: I agree that paying to park is crappy!

Katie said...

Glad everyone's doing better!

Jenny said...

Glad the boys are better and both healthy. I agree, crazy to pay to park!
Take pics of the new drapes for me!
Love you Ang!